Read the following article then give your opinion (one paragraph or more)
Click here to read: Scientist Fights Church Effort to Hide Museum's Pre-Human Fossils
Check out these links after reading the article:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
In my opinion the scientists have proof, and if they have roof they should be able to send it out to the public. It's a publlic space, if the Christian society doesn't want to see it, it's their choice, they can just not see it. There maybe some people that want to see it. The scientists have their own point of view on society and they should be able to share that view, they have a right to show what they want. Imagine you were an athiest and you didn't believe in god and you only believe in science. All of a sudden the Christians build a church next to your house. Would you want that to happen? No, if you were an athiest you wouldn't want that to happen to you. The Christians don't want the artifacts to be seen by the public and put into a back room. What if the athiests said we don't want churches, because we're looking at the cross.Does that sound familiar? The christians on't want the exhibit up, because it is against my religon. You can believe what you want. If you want to believe in the artifacts and study go ahead. If you want to go to church you're more than welcome to. It's a public space and should be shared by every belief, be it Christian or Athiesm. Everyone has their own beliefs there isn't anything wrong with believing in want.
I think that the answer is very obvious because for one reason I am not religious. Also I like science a lot so I fully encourage the research and display of any thing linking to science.
I think that the church is being unreasonable when they say that they will band up against the fossils. If they disagree with it then they should not listen to it themselves instead of trying to force their opinion upon other people who want to look at it when it is displayed.
I think that everyone has their own opinion. And that everyone has their own point of view. But they should listen to the scientist because they know better than the church. Also many people want to see the fossils and that is why they should listen to the church.
I think that the church should forget the whole story about the pre- human fossil so that the scientists can show the fossil to the people so that they can discover the new fossil.
I think evolution is still a theory. But that is my opinion. Even though I think evolution is a theory I think it’s very interesting to learn about how other people believe in a different way that the world and life of man was formed. I think everyone should learn about evolution even though they do not believe in it because it’s something new and you can learn more about life and earth. This is why I think that they should keep the museum open so people can learn more about evolution
I think that the scientists have the right to show the fossils because the church can’t prevent them from showing something just because they don’t believe in it. They don’t have to agree with what the scientists are saying but that doesn’t mean that they should prevent them from having the exhibit in the museum. I don’t know if evolution is theory or fact but the scientists have freedom of speech and can say what they think.
I do believe in god, and I believe that everyone was created from one god. I think that what the church is doing is right, and they have a right to do it. I do not believe in evolution. Like most people said, everyone believes in different things and believe in their own religion. People can believe in what they want, and others can listen to what they think, but that doesn't mean it's going to change their opinion. This is just my opinion and my religious beliefs. So if you ask me, there's really no right or wrong answer in general, but if you asked me what my opinion was I would say it's right and I agree with the church.
After a long time of thinking, i have come up with a solution that maybe the scientists should keep the fossils, and the church maybe should get their own team of experts to go explore and find their own fossils, and then they could keep their fossils.
The church should let the scientists keep the fossils in the exhibit because other people might want to see them. The church shouldnt try and change peoples beliefs or not let them believe what they want. It's not like people are being forced to look at the fossils, its an option, and if some people want to go see it they should be allowed to. The church shouldt be able to decide whether or not to keep fossils in a museum. No one is stopping them from believing in what they want and they shouldnt do it to other people.
Though I have nothing against the church, I think that the museum has every right to put the fossils on display. If the church doesn’t like having the fossils on display, they don’t have to go to the museum. Maybe the church is upset about scientist trying to disprove the theories of the bible, but there is no way they can stop science from proving the truth, even if it is not the truth they like.
kissoony,
if you look at my blog (lalabubbleparty.blogspot.com)
~mattie
P.S. not intended for post
Everybody has their own opinion on things. I have my own. The people from the church should just believe in what they believe in, which is God (“creator of all”). People around the world have their own way of being, and their own thoughts, so if these scientist happen to find fossil that prove something other then what the church people believe in, and the church people think it’s wrong, then the church people should sit down and re-think their whole belief.
If people are finding things that may prove that God isn’t or wasn’t, whom was the almighty creator, then the church people should just still believe, because everybody is different. That’s my opinion.
Post a Comment