Thursday, December 7, 2006

Post#5: Gold Exhibition

What was the most interesting part of the Gold exhibit? (respond in one paragraph then respond to someone else from your class)

12 comments:

Danielle S. said...

IN the exhibit i learned that gold can be made so thin you can almost see thruogh it. Also what was interesting to me is that 75% of the world gold is used for jewrly. I would think you would use 75% of the worlds gold for elctronics rather then jewlry.

Danny D. said...

My favorite part of the gold exhibit was learning how people made gold jewlery mixing gold with other metals tp make it more dense. I also liked the movie when we watched the movie and learned a lot about how much gold ment to the people. I knew that people loved it but I did not know that back then they made things out of gold to please their gods and have an happy after life. But my favorite part was seeing how much I was worth in gold.

Dren K. said...

Through these posts that I am reading I can make an hypothesis on what the most interesting thing for me would've been for me on the trip. Things that people found interesting was the mask, how you cut gold, how thn gold can be made and the most popular one the machine that told you your value of gold. I would have to say the most interesting thing for me on the gold exhibit based on these comments woud be the machine that tells your value in gold. How is it possible that you could be told your value. Most people say that you are your own value, but it amazes me that you could now tell how much you are woth.

sophiayo said...

In the exhibit I saw many things made of gold. There were jewelry, coffins, money, and bars of gold. We got to watch a video about gold and we also had to fill out a paper. But what interests me most is seeing how much I would be worth if I was made of gold. I agree with Dren because what interests us was telling how much you were worth in gold.

Jacob said...

The most interesting part of the gold exhibit was how many different things are made of gold like Emmys, space helmets, and electronics. I learned that gold is very malleable and can be made into very thin sheets. I also learned that gold is used in electronics because it is hard to break. I agree with Dren because I also liked seeing how much you were worth in gold.

Youssef & Marissa said...

The gold exhibit was fun. I learned alot about gold that I didn't know before. I never knew that gold was used in austronaut helmets. I also never knew that gold was that dense. I liked looking at all of the gold that was displayed. I also liked seeing how much gold I was worth. While watching the movie about gold, I learned quite alot.

saskia & jade & kalene said...

The most interesting part of the Gold Exhibit was all of the examples of how gold was used. There were so many different things that were made up of gold. Like grammys, oscars, jewlery, and coins. It was really interesting to see the different ways in which gold was used. I also liked seeing the how gold could be made into different colors when it was mixed with other things. It was a really interesting exhibit overall.

Meagan T,Megan Rivera, Morgan Lee said...

i really liked the gold exibition beacuse you were able to see what people uesd gold for .You were also able to see what gold was mixed with in order to make something since certain amounts of gold were to delicate to make stuff. The most intresting part of the exhibit to me was to see what people used gold for in the pass . I thought that they waisted gold on silly things like gold cups and gold silverware and sculptures . I have to say if i were in there place and never saw gold before i would have proboly used it for silly things to like gold shoes or gold combs . I also agree with jose the astronut hat was also intresting i have to say i never saw a gold helmet .

Avery, Candy, and Deiona said...

Unfortunately i was unable to go to the gold exhibit due to a sickness that i had on that day. But I have heard things about the exhibit. Like in Savasia's blog she was talking about a roomk of gold. She said how the tour guide told her that the room was covered with three flatened gold coins.

Hayden E. said...

I liked the part where they showed you all that gold. It was cool to see so much of it.

Anonymous said...

We went to the gold exhibit at the Mueseum of Natural History with our homerooms. We went to complete activities and learn about gold. I certainly learned a lot about gold. I would have to say my overall favorite part of the exhibit was seeing how much i weighed in gold because I thought it was a very interesting thing to do. There were a lot of charms and necklaces in the exhibit and I liked the jewelry a lot. The movie also explained a lot-I watched it twice.

Megan R. said...

I think the most interesting part of the exhibit was that there was a scale that measured how much a person would weigh in gold. I never knew gold was so valuable, I mean its something you see everyday, but gold that people wear is barely made out of gold, like 14kt gold, is not really so much gold. You learn something new each day.